Wednesday, October 15, 2014

We'll Always Have Paris: A Mother/Daughter Memoir


Synopsis:


How her daughter and her passport taught Jennifer Coburn to forget about dying and truly live. Jennifer Coburn has always been terrified of dying young. It's the reason she drops everything during the summers on a quest to travel through Europe with her daughter, Katie, before it's too late. Even though her husband can't join them, even though she's nervous about the journey, and even though she's perfectly healthy, she spends three to four weeks per trip jamming Katie's mental photo album with memories. In this heartwarming generational love story, Jennifer reveals how their adventures helped relinquish her fear of dying...for the sake of living.

My Review:


 
I really enjoyed this book. Much more than I even expected. I was lucky enough to win an Audible copy. I was so excited and knew I would listen to it with my 17-year old daughter with whom I recently took a trip to Europe. This book was so much more than a telling of Jennifer Coburn and her daughter's (Katie) adventure throughout Europe over several trips. She often related emotions to memories of late father Sheldon (Shelly) Coburn - a musician whose life was cut short when Jennifer was only 18 years old from lung cancer. It was so moving to listen to the recording of Jennifer Coburn herself reading her book. There were sections when she is telling about her father that you can hear genuine emotion in her voice. 


The book is funny, sweet, educational but above all very real. It's just 2 people - a mom and daughter - sharing some very special moments that just happen to take place during their several trips to Europe. They visit such amazing places France, Spain, the Netherlands. This would be a great read for anyone who enjoys and loves travel but as I mentioned before, it is about J. Coburn's relationship with her dad, with her daughter and even with her husband William.

Fantastic book. I took my time listening to this one because I didn't want it to end.


No comments:

Post a Comment